At Red Rooster we’re all about Chicken. We love chicken. That’s why we serve the most tasty, fresh and tender roast chicken in Australia. In fact, we believe our Roast Chicken is the best there is.
Everyone needs a little Tender Loving Chicken. That’s why we’re passionate about wholesome, healthy, natural food that brings people together. We believe meal time is the best of times and we like to give a little TLC whenever we can. Bringing friends and family together around a perfectly roasted chicken is our reason for being.
You’ll love Red Rooster. If you love perfectly roasted chicken as much as we do, you’ll love Red Rooster. Our chicken is always fresh, deliciously hand seasoned, and there’s no artificial colours, flavours, added hormones or added MSG in the meals we prepare. You might even say we’ve perfected the art of chicken.
A Celebration of Chicken
If you love chicken, and you believe roast chicken is absolutely the best chicken there is, you will love Red Rooster.
We love chicken.
If you want the tastiest, tenderest, freshest most delicious chicken in Australia, chicken hand seasoned with special flavours and marinades, you will love Red Rooster.
We are passionate about real food.
Food that is nourishing, wholesome, healthy and natural. If you want chicken with no artificial colours or flavours, no added hormones and no added MSG. You will love Red Rooster. We believe meal time is the best of times, time to share and repair, time to collect, comfort, reconnect and recharge, time to celebrate, time to enjoy.
We believe everyone needs a little TLC.
We’re a proud Australian and we love the Australian spirit and way of life. If you love beaches and boats, outdoors and the outback, surf, sunsets and picnics, camping and cricket and believe in the power of good food to bring people together.
You will love Red Rooster.
The home of tender loving chicken.
With the opening of the first Red Rooster in store in Kelmscott, Western Australia roughly four decades ago, few would have believed Red Rooster would grow into Australian’s largest roast chicken operation.
- 1972 – Kailis family open the first Red Rooster store.
- 1981 – Coles Myer purchases Red Rooster.
- 1992 – Red Rooster acquires Big Rooster. With these stores converted, total store numbers grow to 230 Australia-wide.
- 2002 – Red Rooster acquired by Australian Fast Foods Pty. Ltd. (AFF).
- 2007 – As part of a management buy out (sponsored by Quadrant Private Equity), Quick Service Restaurant Holdings (QSRH) acquires AFF, including Red Rooster.
- 2010 – Red Rooster adds Free Range burgers, baguettes and wraps to its menu.
- Today – Red Rooster operates over 360 stores across Australia and employs over 7,500 staff. In addition to our long-established fresh roast chicken and famous chips, Red Rooster also offers rolls and salads, plus delicious burgers and wraps with an ongoing commitment to menu innovation.